How Can I Volunteer?
There are a number of ways to volunteer with 4-H. Adult volunteers are needed during the 4-H year to be Organizational Club Leaders, Project Leaders and/or Resource Leaders.
Provides overall 4-H club leadership. Serves as the 4-H club coordinator who communicates
with other leaders, Extension staff, club officers, club members and their families to maintain smooth operation of the club throughout the year. Conducts meaningful, impactful education opportunities for youth. Support youth to reach their fullest potential by encouraging participation that will lead to success.
Provides support and instruction on a specific project area or an activity. Conducts meaningful, impactful education opportunities for youth. Support youth to reach their fullest potential by encouraging participation that will lead to success.
To be a resource or support to 4-H staff, 4-H volunteers, 4-H clubs and/or events. Help create a safe and welcoming 4-H community where the method of experiential teaching and “learn-by-doing” helps youth to develop meaningful relationships and valuable life skills.
How do I become a Leader?
- Complete an application in our state 4-H database at www.4honline.com. Create a family profile if you don’t already have one. If you do have one, log in and add yourself into your family profile to access the leader application.
- Select three references and let them know that they will be receiving a questionnaire via email from Extension. Ask them to fill it out ASAP.
- Fill out Background Check information from CSU HireRite as soon as you receive the e-mail.
- Watch the 4 online modules and answer complete the training. Create a new account and then fill out the requested information. You will receive an email confirming the account within an hour or so. Follow the instructions in the email to enable the account. Log in and search for the “Colorado 4-H Volunteer Orientation“. When you see the course name click on the title to self-enroll and use the enrollment key “Park2018” to enroll. Once you are enrolled in the course it will appear on a list under “My Courses” on the left side of the screen the next time you log in. You can click on the course title to go back to the course. Complete all four lessons beginning with “Lesson 1”. Upon completion of each module print the completion certificate to give to the Extension Office.
- 4-H adult volunteers must re-enroll in 4honline every fall when re-enrollment opens in order to stay active. If you are inactive for more than a year, you will need to reapply and go through the whole process over again. So it is better to re-enroll, even if you are not sure how much time you will be able to volunteer, than to let your leader status lapse.
Volunteers are the life blood of our organization and we can’t do it without you! Please consider sharing your talents and knowledge with our youth!