How do I apply to become a Colorado Master Gardenersm ?
We are currently accepting applications for the 2019 training class. Applications are due November 29, 2018.
Colorado Master Gardener programs operate at the county level, with primary support from the county government. Applicants should apply to their home county; those whom apply to the Park County CMG program must complete their volunteer hours in Park County. Colorado Gardening Certificate training is provided for educational purposes only and participants are not eligible to volunteer for the CMG program in Park County.
To apply for the Park County Colorado Master Gardener Program, download the cover letter and the application or contact Barbie Garnett:
CMG and CGC Application Cover Letter
Colorado Master Gardener Application (Volunteer Program)
Colorado Gardening Certificate Application (Non-Volunteer Program)
- Classes will be held at the following location of your choice:
- Front Range – Jefferson County Fairgrounds and Denver Botanic Gardens 5 in person classes, 4 online classes
- Chaffee County Fairgrounds – Distance Education 5 in person, 4 online classes
- Park County will partner with Jeffco & Chaffee for our first year of classes:
- Front Range – Wednesday’s January 23, 2019 – April 10, 2019
- Chafee County – Thursday’s January 31 – April 11, 2019
- The application for the CMG program requires information regarding your background in gardening, previous volunteer experience, general availability for volunteer work, a background check, three references, and a signed contract committing to a minimum of 50 hours volunteer work to be completed in the first year of volunteering.
- Colorado Master Gardener (CMG) (50 volunteer hours) program training cost: $170.00 (tuition)
- Colorado Gardening Certificate (CGC) (no volunteer hours) Training cost: $530.00 (tuition)
Preliminary screening will be based on the application form; primary considerations are based on:
- interest in volunteer work, availability for volunteer work, people skills (ability to assist Extension in home horticultural educational efforts), and gardening experience
- background check through CSU
- reference questionnaire will be sent to the references you provide to us
Submit a completed CMG application to the Park County Extension Office, PO Box 603 or 880 Bogue St. Fairplay, CO 80440 or email to Barbie Garnett at email@example.com by the application deadline: